Beef Rigatoni Arribiata
Prep Time 25 MIN
Cook Time 0 MIN
Ground beef, spicy tomatoes and rigatoni combined for a flavorful pasta dish
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Petit Cut Tomatoes with spicy red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounces dry rigatoni pasta, uncooked PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper strips (red, green and/or yellow)
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the juices, drain the tomatoes. Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce; reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.