Bruschetta Chicken Skillet
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
Chicken breast with diced tomatoes, cheese and basil cooked in tomato sauce, then topped with croutons just before serving for the flavor of bruschetta
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer®Accents® Garlic & Olive Oil Petit Cut Tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 pkg (0.75 oz each) fresh basil, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups small garlic- or Italian-flavored croutons, crushed slightly
- Stir together drained tomatoes, cheese and basil in medium bowl; set aside.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Top evenly with tomato mixture, pressing onto chicken.
- Combine tomato sauce and garlic in large skillet; add chicken. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Top with croutons just before serving.