Chicken Cacciatore with Rice
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 10 MIN
Tender chicken breast combined with sautéed onions, mushrooms and tomatoes, served over fluffy rice.
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Chunky Stewed Tomatoes with Italian Seasonings
- 1 can (156 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4" (1/2 cm) slices
- 1 lb (500 g) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1" (2 cm) pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (1/2 mL) ground black pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat while preparing rice. Add onion, mushroom and zucchini; cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until chicken pieces are no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes with their liquid, the tomato paste, salt and pepper; stir. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over the rice.