Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 1 HR 10 MIN
Brown sugar and tomatoes with onions add tangy-sweet flavor to this juicy meatloaf.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Chunky Stewed Tomatoes with Italian Seasonings, drained
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 pound (500 g) ground sirloin beef
- 1 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line shallow baking pan with aluminum foil; spray foil with cooking spray. Set aside. Mix tomato sauce and sugar in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine meat, diced tomatoes, bread crumbs and eggs; shape into a loaf in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven; pour tomato sauce mixture over meat loaf. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, or until meat loaf is no longer pink in center (160°F). Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 6 slices to serve.