Hearty Chili Macaroni
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 0 MIN
Chili ingredients — beef, beans, tomatoes and chili seasoning — combined with macaroni for a quick skillet dish
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Diced Stewed Tomatoes with Chili Seasonings, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce with No Salt Added
- 8 ounces dry small elbow macaroni, uncooked (8 oz = 2 cups)
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (398 mL) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 pkg (1.25 mL) chili seasoning mix
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, place beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat; sprinkle with salt. Cook until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili seasoning. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain macaroni; stir into meat mixture