One Skillet BLT Pasta
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
One skillet pasta recipe with spinach, tomatoes and bacon crumbles.
- 1 can (540 mL) of Aylmer® Accents® Original Petit Cut Stewed Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, pasta and garlic salt; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and cook 12 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat bacon in microwave according to package directions. Chop bacon; set aside.
- 3. Place spinach on top of pasta mixture. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until spinach wilts and pasta is tender. Add bacon; stir to combine. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.