Skillet Pork Chop Dinner
Prep Time 40 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
Pork chops, potatoes, bell peppers and onions simmered with seasoned diced tomatoes.
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Original Petit Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can (156 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Paste
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- 1 kg (2 lbs) thick-cut pork chop loin, cut into 4 equal pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Spray a large skillet with PAM® Original Cooking Spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chops evenly with salt and pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet.
- Combine Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with their liquid and the tomato paste; add mixture to the potatoes in same skillet. Top with chops, bell peppers and onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover skillet with lid.
- Cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and chops are no longer pink in centers (160 °F).