Chicken Meatballs with Tomato & Peas
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut
+ Ground Chicken + Bread Crumbs + Egg + Peas + Pasta
- 450 g extra lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, Italian-Style
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut Tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 can (398 mL) Del Monte Sweet Peas, No Salt Added, drained
- Cooked pasta (or mashed potatoes)
- Combine chicken, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Shape into 24 small meatballs, approx. 1-inch in diameter.
- Heat oil in large non-stick frypan; brown meatballs on all sides.
- Add tomatoes and oregano. Simmer 8 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in peas. Serve with pasta.