Chicken Tomato Rice Supper
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Italian Chunky
+ Chicken + Pork + Celery + Onion + Rice + Peas
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (250 g) Cooked ham (250g)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can Aylmer® Accents® Italian Stewed Tomatoes (540 mL)
- 1 can Del Monte Summer Crisp Whole Kernel Corn (341 mL), drained
- 1-1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1-1/2 cups instant rice
- 1 can Del Monte Sweet Peas (398 mL), drained
- Cut chicken and ham into thin strips and sauté with celery and onion for 5 minutes (until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender).
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, Italian seasoning, chili powder, cayenne and 1/3 cup water and bring to boil. Add rice and peas, stirring to moisten rice.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.