Creamy Rosé Mac ’N’ Cheese
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 10 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli Smart® Macaroni
- 6 oz (170 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Cook Catelli Smart® Macaroni according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet set over medium heat, whisk together cream cheese and milk. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Stir in Aylmer® Accents® Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir in half each of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese until combined; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened.
- Add reserved pasta and pasta water to skillet; toss until coated and heated through.
- Transfer pasta to greased 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Add hot pepper flakes to pasta sauce if desired.
- This dish is also delicious made with Aylmer® Accents® Spicy Red Pepper Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes