East Indian Curried Chick Peas & Tomatoes
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 16 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut
+ Onion + Vegetable Oil + Curry Powder + Chick Peas + Basmati Rice + Garlic + Ginger Root
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 can (540 mL) chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Cooked basmati rice (or naan bread)
- Heat oil in large frypan; cook and stir onion 5 minutes.
- Stir in gingerroot, garlic, and curry powder; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in chick peas.
- Add tomatoes; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with basmati rice or naan bread.
- Tip: If desired, use Tikka curry paste in place of curry powder