Fried Eggs with Tomato and Potato Hash
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cooked Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper (approx.)
- 1 can (398 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 4 eggs
- In skillet set over medium heat, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove bacon. Discard all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) bacon fat
- Add onion to skillet; cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Add potatoes, salt and pepper; sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add Aylmer® Accents® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes; simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Return bacon to skillet.
- Meanwhile, in separate skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil over medium heat; crack 2 eggs into pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites have set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness. (For easy-over eggs, flip over and continue cooking for about 1 minute or to desired doneness.) Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
- Divide hash evenly among plates. Top each with fried egg.
- Serve with hot sauce if desired.
- This dish is also delicious made with Aylmer® Accents® Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes.