Hearty Vegetable Chili
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 35 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Chili
+ Onion + Garlic + Mushroom + Green Pepper + Celery + Carrot + Beans + Corn + Cheese
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans Aylmer® Accents® Chili Style Stewed Tomatoes (540 mL each)
- 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can kidney beans (540 mL), drained and rinsed
- 1 can Del Monte Summer Crisp Whole Kernel Corn (341 mL), drained
- 1 can Del Monte Sweet Peas, (398 mL) drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add green pepper, celery and carrots, sauté 5 minutes more.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans, corn and peas. Cook uncovered 5 minutes more. Serve in bowls, sprinkled with cheese.