Italian Meatball Stew
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Italian Chunky
+ Eggs + Oregano + Beef + Onion + Beans + Carrot + Pasta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 375 g lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 can Aylmer® Accents® Italian Stewed Tomatoes (540 mL)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 can Del Monte Cut Green Beans (398 mL), drained
- 1 can Del Monte Whole Style Cut Carrots (398 mL), drained
- Cooked pasta (any style)
- Combine egg, bread crumbs, oregano and salt. Add beef and mix until blended. Form into 1-inch meatballs.
- Sauté meatballs in oil until browned on all sides, then push to side of pan.
- Sauté onion in pan drippings for 2 minutes, then drain fat. Add tomatoes and vinegar, bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until meatballs are cooked through.
- Add beans and carrots, simmer until heated through. Serve over pasta.