Lazy Lean Lasagna
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 50 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Italian Chunky
+ Beef + Chicken + Cheese + Egg + Pasta
- 450g lean ground beef (or chicken)
- 1 can Aylmer® Accents® Italian Stewed Tomatoes (540 mL)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 9 oven-ready lasagne noodles
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Brown meat and drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer while preparing remaining recipe.
- Blend cottage cheese until smooth, add egg and stir until blended. Cover bottom of 4L baking pan with a thin layer (about 1/2 cup) of sauce. Top with 3 noodles, 1 cup sauce.
- 1 cup cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers, finishing with remaining 3 noodles, plus sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.