Mushroom Tomato Pasta Soup
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 18 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Original Chunky
+ Onion + Mushroom + Basil + Pasta + Spinach + Cheese
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can Aylmer® Accents® Original Stewed Tomatoes (540 mL)
- 1 can Chicken Broth (284 mL), plus 1 can water
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 3/4 cup orzo or baby shells pasta
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sauté onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, water and basil. Bring to a boil, stir in pasta.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach and heat for 1 minute, until wilted.
- Serve immediately, sprinkle with cheese.