Quick Chicken Parmesan Skillet
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken for about 7 minutes or until golden on all sides.
- Add tomatoes to skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Toss cheese with bread crumbs and spread over top of skillet.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are golden. Sprinkle with basil (if using).
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil if desired.
- Serve over pasta as a sauce if desired.
- This dish is also delicious made with Aylmer® Accents® Fire Roasted Tomatoes.