Sloppy Joe Pitas
Prep Time 5 MIN
Cook Time 25 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut
+ Beef + Onion + Celery
- 450g lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 can Aylmer® Accents® Original Stewed Tomatoes (540 mL)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 6-inch pita breads, warmed
- Brown beef, onion, and celery and drain off fat.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Season to taste
- Cut each pita in half and fill pockets with beef mixture.