Slow Cooker Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 04 HR
Aylmer® Accents® Italian Chunky
+ Chicken + Pork Sausage + Red Pepper + Parika + Rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/2 lb mild pork sausages, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Italian Chunky Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can (284 mL) condensed chicken broth, sodium-reduced
- 1 bag (250 g) frozen okra, thawed and sliced
- Cooked long grain rice
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat oil in large non-stick frypan; brown chicken and sausages (in batches, if necessary).
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add red pepper, paprika, and thyme to frypan; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
- Add okra; cook uncovered 15 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice; garnish with parsley.
- ip: If desired, use a can (398 mL) Del Monte Sweet Peas in place of okra.