Spicy Chicken Quesadillas
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Spicy Red Pepper Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Spicy Red Pepper Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Guacamole (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- In skillet set over medium heat, stir together Aylmer® Accents® Spicy Red Pepper Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes and chicken; simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly and liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato mixture onto centre of each tortilla.
- Divide cheese evenly among tortillas; fold tortillas in half.
- Spray clean skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat and fry quesadillas, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Cut each quesadilla into thirds. Serve with guacamole and sour cream (if using).
- Serve with spicy green salsa or tomato salsa if desired.
- This dish is also delicious made with Aylmer® Accents® Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes.