Spicy Italian Sloppy Joe Spaghetti
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Spicy Red Pepper Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 4 spicy Italian sausages, casings removed
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Spicy Red Pepper Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli Smart® Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley or basil
- In skillet set over medium-high heat, cook sausage and green peppers for 5 to 6 minutes or until sausage is browned and peppers are tender-crisp.
- Add Aylmer® Accents® Spicy Red Pepper Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes and barbecue sauce. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook Catelli Smart® Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta water.
- Add pasta to skillet and add pasta water; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley or basil.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced celery with peppers if desired.
- This dish is also delicious made with Aylmer® Accents® Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes.