Vegetarian Rotini and Sauce
Prep Time 8 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
Aylmer® Accents® Italian Chunky
+ Pasta + Garlic + Carrot + Green Pepper + Cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, cut in thin short pieces
- 1 red or green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can Aylmer® Accents® Italian Stewed Tomatoes (540 mL)
- 3 cups rotini, or other short pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (opt.)
- Sauté garlic and red pepper flakes for 30 seconds. Add carrots and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Serve pasta with sauce, sprinkled with cheese if desired.